Monday, March 11, 2013

Extra Teeth


                You know how everyone hates going to the doctor? I’m definitely not one of those people- I actually don’t mind going to the doctor. Most hate going because of the needles, but personally I’m not afraid of shots. I don’t hate the doctor so much that I want to be one someday- is that dedication or what? There is one type of doctor though that I absolutely cannot stand.

                The Dentist. I HATE the dentist. I’ve hated them since… forever. I don’t know what it is about my teeth, but the dentists can never seem to figure it out. They never do anything right on the first try- it always takes more tries.

                Of course, today is Monday as I’m sure you all are well aware, and I had to make an extra trip to the dentist office because of my wisdom teeth. Think back to my usual Monday posts; have my Monday experiences ever turned out good? At my last check up, the dentist said I would be getting my wisdom teeth soon, and should think about getting them out next summer. Well, all four of them have already grown in. Yeah, I know. So there I am, sitting in the chair of unhappiness, with a dental assistant shoving a mirror into my mouth. She then rudely informs me that they aren’t my wisdom teeth at all- I just grew an extra set of molars. What the heck.

                It then turned out that the retainers I wear at night no longer fit because of the mouthwash I use. I rinse them in mouthwash, and the alcohol in the mouthwash eats dissolves them. So now I have to get new retainers fitted on Wednesday. Awesome right?

                I just want everyone to know of my latest experience at the dentist office, so that if this ever happens to you, you’ll have something to look back on. If your dentist tells you the next teeth you will be growing are your wisdoms, and you suddenly grow some extra teeth, don’t be surprised. If you go to my dentist, they might even start yelling at you for not knowing you were supposed to grow an extra set of molars. Oh and use alcohol free mouthwash, just to be safe. The lesson to be learned: don’t trust your dentist; all of them are full of lies. And extra molars.

 

(396 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment