Thursday, March 7, 2013

Love Never Fails


Every little girl grows up watching Disney princess movies and dreaming of the day she will find her Prince Charming. We imagine ourselves riding off into the sunset to live happily ever with some random hunky man who managed to sweep us off our feet. For the average, every day, not very rich, normal woman, this is just a fantasy. For the rich and famous, the sky is the limit to make their wedding dreams come true.

For instance, let’s look at one of my personal favorite couples in the world of fame today: Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher. The country star and the hockey jock couldn’t have seemed more different to the press, but they fit together like two pieces in a puzzle. I’ve always been a Carrie Underwood fan, from the first time I heard her sing on American Idol until now, but her husband was someone I hadn’t heard of before. Needless to say, they are two gorgeous people who seem absolutely perfect for each other.

 

Their wedding was a lot more extravagant than I was expecting, as she is from a small town in Oklahoma. From her dog wearing a pink tuxedo jacket, to the pink flowers covering everything, to the forty carat diamond tiara on Carrie’s head, the wedding exceeded my expectations. I thought they would stick to a more traditional, backyard wedding- but I was wrong! I loved the pictures of their wedding- and I honestly wish I could have been there.



                Everything about their wedding was pink- which is Carrie’s favorite color. Really, the only thing Mike had a say in was the tiara he bought her as a pre-wedding gift (it was forty carats of diamonds… the bar has been set very high, future husband) and the hockey puck table numbers to represent his career. I loved the class and tastefulness their wedding had- when you have money to spend like they do, weddings can be overdone and tasteless, but they managed not to do that.

                Mike and Carrie shared their first dance to Brandon Heath’s “Love Never Fails.” As I’m sitting here listening to this song, I imagine Prince Charming the hockey player and his Princess the country star slow dancing to its sweet melody, and I’m jealous. I mean come on, it’s a beautiful song and they’re a beautiful couple. How could you not be jealous of their happiness?



                Someday I want my Prince to come, but I want him to treat me the way Mike treats Carrie. You can just see it in their faces how much they care for each other, which is what I’m pretty sure most women in the world want someday (I mean Disney set us up to wish for these kinds of things, didn’t they?).

 

(461 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment