Saturday, March 30, 2013

Safe Haven


                Everyone has their favorite author, whether they be fiction or nonfiction writers, romance or mystery writers, we all have a preference. Nicholas Sparks has been my favorite author for years now, and I’m never disappointed while reading his books. This weekend, the movie theatre I work at started playing the new movie “Safe Haven.” This movie was produced by Nicholas Sparks himself, simply because he wrote the book that the movie just so happens to be based on.

                Earlier tonight my parents and I went to go see the movie. Yes, I went with my parents; and I had a great time, thank you very much. Anyway, the movie was so much better than I expected. Usually when you read a book and then watch the movie you end up disappointed because the movie didn’t follow the book’s sequence of events, or the actors they chose didn’t fit the image you had in your head, etcetera. But Safe Haven far exceeded my expectations. The actors and actresses they chose were absolutely amazing and played their roles so brilliantly.

                The movie also followed the storyline of the book practically to every point. I mean, there are always parts of the book that can’t possibly make it into the movie without making the movie six hours long. So the fact that the director and script writer were able to create this picture that captured your attention, and made sure to hold it just blew my mind.

                After we got home from the movie, I went on imdb.com to see who the actors were that played some of the roles. I was familiar with a few of them, but others of them I had no idea who they were. I searched “Safe Haven” and the movie critics’ ratings popped up. Safe Haven only received a 6.30 out of 10… which I think is ridiculous. I personally would rate Safe Haven a perfect ten out of ten; I seriously loved the movie that much.

                I think it is safe to say that I will be recommending this movie to every single person I meet. I also think it is safe to say that I will be buying this movie when it comes out on DVD. Oh, and if I haven’t convinced you to see this movie yet, Josh Duhamel is shirtless in a couple scenes. Please don’t hurt each other as you rush to purchase your tickets inside the door. In the words of my fellow coworkers at the theatre, “Enjoy your show!”

 

(421 words)

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the song that was on the trailer.... "open up... everythings waiting for youuuuu!" ... and then I also liked the guy!

    ReplyDelete