Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Vocal Dreams


                Do you ever wish you could just one day start singing like a star? I mean I’m sure some of you reading this are amazing singers, but some of us aren’t okay? Some of us just have to lip sing to chart toppers while randomly dancing around our rooms acting as if we’re about to win American Idol or something. Not that I’ve done that before...or often.. Don’t lie; you’ve done it sometime in your life.

                I mean come on, please tell me you have always dreamed of singing like Carrie Underwood. She has the most amazing singing voice- like ever. Or maybe you have always wanted to be in Les Miserables with Eddie Redmayne (holy gorgeous man; excuse me while I fangirl) and never got the chance because you suck at singing (not that I ever had that dream crushed). Have any of you ever wanted to be in a school play, but never could because they were ALWAYS musicals? Yeah I’ve never been down that road either… Actually I have, but I’ll spare you my sorrow.

                Have you really never imagined yourself on a stage dancing with Luke Bryan as you sing a hit duet? Let’s be real here, anyone would be lucky to shake it with that fine man on stage. Anyone out there ever wanted to just randomly break into a High School Musical lunch dance number? You know- just randomly jump on the tables and start singing and dancing the same dance as everyone else? No? Liars.

                I know I’m not the only one out there that loves to sing even though I can’t. If you deny it, you are a liar. There is a songstress in all of us- at least I think so. I’ve always wished I could sing, but I never could. They let me into those little fifth grade choirs, but I don’t think they were allowed to turn anyone away. And don’t even get me started on show choir- because I never actually auditioned for that. If I could sing anything at all, you can bet I would. But I can’t. So I think I’ll just stick with singing along with the radio as I drive home from school. I’ll keep the windows up, so as not to make your ears bleed. You’re welcome.

 

(385 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment