Monday, January 28, 2013

Rough Start


I don’t think many guys have this problem, but girls certainly do. And that’s not me being sexist, that’s me stating a fact of society. Girls generally have longer hair, while guys prefer shorter hair. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, but for the sake of this blog post we are just going to ignore them. This post is solely dedicated to bad hair days- actually it’s not just bad hair days in general; it’s bad hair days on Mondays.
For those of you unfamiliar with my witty sounding yet horribly true Monday posts, my Monday experiences never turn out well. Today was no exception (surprise surprise), but I would have to admit that the best part (and by best I mean worst) of my day all started this morning. It started when the snooze button went off… for the fifth time. I’m not a morning person, or a Monday person, and if you’re anything like me you can imagine how awful my Monday mornings usually are. So there I am, trying to mentally motivate myself to roll out of bed and start my Monday. I then thought to myself that I was disciplined enough to leave the light off and not hit the snooze button again, and that I would be able to lay there for just a few extra minutes without falling asleep.
Apparently I’m not disciplined enough.
Have any of you ever done that? Have any of your moms come running into your room ten minutes before you were supposed to leave for school, all the while yelling at you for not already being up? If you’re like me, it was no problem to change into clean clothes and brush your teeth, but just wait until you look in a mirror.
Big mistake.
My hair looked absolutely awful-I mean really, I had major bed head. I quickly put my hair up in a messy bun (great idea for anyone who is running late, by the way), but of course the hair tie had to break. Now my hair is in a braid, a very frizzy one I might add (also a great way to style your hair when running late).
My advice to you if you end up running late: try a quick updo that looks cute but doesn’t scream “I woke up super late this morning.” Maybe pack some cereal into a bag so that you have something to eat for breakfast (it is the most important meal of the day). And finally, pay attention to your alarm every morning- it goes off for a reason.
 
(433 words)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment