Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Bachelor


                Don’t get me wrong, I love reality television. I love watching other people live their lives- it gives me insight as to how my life would turn out if my name was Kate, I married a man named John and we had eight kids, or if I partied all night like the kids on Jersey Shore, or even dated 25 different guys on the bachelorette. I just think that there should be a limit to what these people do on reality television.

                I guess I’m mainly opening up a discussion about The Bachelor. As I’m sitting here writing this blog post, last Monday’s episode is playing in the background as I feverishly try to absorb every little detail of what I missed on Monday.

                Personally, I love watching all the tears these women shed over one guy. Occasionally the girls go on group dates with the guy and they each get to talk to him and basically try to tell them why they are better than all the other girls. This is the third week of The Bachelor and already more than half the girls are telling the guy that he is perfect and he is their future husband and all this other crap.

                It’s baloney.

                These people aren’t really on this show to find true love; these people are on this show for the drama, not to mention they’re getting paid to be there. It’s pathetic, really. I mean think about it, all these girls have to do is say a few sappy romantic lines, share a couple of smooches with a hot guy, and shed a few tears on camera and BAM. Instant popularity and money.

                To me, these women are simply attention seeking whores. Yeah, I said it. The guy always sets up these crazy amazing dates, and the girl always goes along with it and acts like she loves it. Guess what… She probably doesn’t. As I’m writing this, the Bachelor is taking one of the girls to Six Flags- and while he is wearing comfortable, amusement park clothing, his date is wearing a dress and strappy heels. Really? I’m telling you: Attention. Seeking. Whores.

                And it’s not just a couple of the women who act like this- the vast majority of them do. Not to mention how much they talk about their love for the guy. I’m sorry but no. It’s really pathetic, and annoying. But I’m still going to watch it… I mean it’s still entertaining, no matter how pathetic it is.

 

(418 words)

6 comments:

  1. My mom and I both watch the Bachelor to laugh at the insanity of it. I think that most of America feels the same! It's fun to watch and sometimes even addicting but everyone kind of knows that it's a big joke. It's kind of the same mentality I have about "Here comes Honey Boo Boo," I watch it to entertain myself, not to get emotionally invested in someone else's life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how I feel! My mom laughs at me every time I watch it, but it;s too entertaining to stop watching! The girls always sound so whiney- it's really pathetic, but super funny:)

      Delete
  2. "Sean and I are so in love, I know we have something special that none of the other girls have. He makes me feel like I'm flying! I can picture us and our 42 children running along the beach together!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHA that sounded just like them! "I just want you to know that I love you and I want to be with you and my mom thinks we would look perfect together and I want a ten carat canary princess cut diamond on a studded platinum band..." This list goes on..

      Delete
  3. What I don't understand is how the one guy that happens to be the bachelor is "perfect" for all of these girls. No matter who they put on, he or she is always "magical" to everyone. Um, are they stupid or just desperate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little bit of both, I think. It's a TV show, not a real love fest. These women are paid to say they all love the same man- heck I would say I loved him if that meant I could get paid to go on fancy trips! He's not perfect for every girl- and it's dumb that they all state that.

      Delete