Friday, April 5, 2013

Fortune Cookies


                Alright. Call me crazy, but I am one of those few who believe that fortunes and wishes can come true. I’m being completely serious right now. You know, the whole wishing at 11:11, wishbone, fortune cookie thing: It’s real. I believe it.

                Laugh all you want, but I think they can come true. Actually it’s more just the fortune cookies than anything because none of my birthday wishes have come true yet, but all of the fortunes I’ve ever gotten have worked out to my advantage. For instance, when I messed up two words at this year’s Large Group State Speech Competition, I received a fortune that told me I didn’t have to worry about my future. And guess who made it to All State? Yeah that’s right, we did.

                Or how about the fortune that stated I would receive unexpected support in the near future: well that came true too. When I got home from school after reading that fortune, my mom had bought me a new bra. Unexpected support at its finest. You think I’m kidding, but think about it…Would I really kid about something as serious as this mind blowing evidence that fortune cookies actually work?

                So today when I cracked open my fortune cookie, I read that I would pass a difficult test. Of course I read this fortune right as the testing season begins. I have no idea if that means I passed my AP chemistry test, or if I will do really well on my ACT next Saturday, or if I will do well on my AP exams this May. Guess we’ll find out soon enough!

                I have no idea how fortune cookies work, or why they always come true for me, but there is something strange about them. Of course, I have my theories. Theory One: someone follows me around and makes sure that all my fortunes come true. Theory Two: James Bond is secretly behind all this mysteriousness. Theory Three: magic. And Theory Four: Illuminati.

                I am totally a believer of fortunes from fortune cookies. They haven’t failed me yet, so I don’t see why anyone would disregard them and just carelessly throw them away. I mean unless they don’t work out to your advantage, which would be really dumb. Maybe y’all just need to broaden your horizons to let these wonderful fortunes come true; they won’t come true if you don’t believe. Don’t make me go all Polar Express on you and make you start to believe. I will if I have to. I’m not really sure how to end this so I think I’ll just put something relevant yet dumb and somewhat confusing at the same time. Fortune Cookies.

 

(449 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment