Sunday, April 28, 2013

Warm Weather


                If any of you are anything like me, you absolutely love hot weather. I love it when it’s eighty degrees or hotter- and hate any time it’s less than fifty degrees outside. There is just so much more to do in warmer weather- not just between you and your family, but also between your neighbors, the community, anyone really!

                Today while working at one of our local movie theatres, there weren’t very many people there. I mean there were so many people NOT there that three of our employees were sent home early. That’s how slow today was, and I think it had something to do with the weather. It’s the first really nice day out- the weather is beautiful and everyone wants to be outside and soak up as much sun as they can. I wish I could have been outside all day as well, but I guess I will settle with doing my homework outside now.

                I mean think about it; I hardly ever get to see my neighbors during the cold winter months because none of us like to go outside in the cold for long periods of time. Today however, everyone was outside. They were out mowing their lawns, washing their cars, playing catch in the street, even starting a neighborhood game of baseball. That’s not something you see in my neighborhood on cold winter days- it’s something we save for perfect days like today.

                I think people are generally happier in warm weather than cold, just from personal experience. In my backyard, we have a pool- and you can’t exactly have the pool up in the winter, otherwise it would freeze. Days like today are perfect to jump in the pool- and the more people that show up to swim, the more fun it is!

                We also are able to use the grill more often in warmer weather. Cook outs are one of my favorite things to do in the summer, because you never know who is going to show up. A lot of the time when we invite one neighbor over for a cook out, twenty minutes later half the block is in my backyard. It’s so much fun to get to see the people you rarely see during the colder season.

                I love summer and warm weather. Today’s warm weather was absolutely gorgeous, and it’s making me even more anxious for summer to hurry its butt up and get here. I wish my dad would have let us set up the pool early this year, but we don’t usually set it up until right before school gets out for the summer. Of course, when we first set it up we always take the Polar Plunge, as the water is so cold. This year we’re hoping to get more people to take the Polar Plunge with us; any takers?

 

(476 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment