Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Couch Cushion


                Inside jokes are one of my all time favorite things. The great thing about inside jokes is that you can create an inside joke with anyone, about anything. Seriously, just find something that makes you and at least one other person laugh, something that other people won’t understand, and BAM! Insta-inside joke!

                The inside joke I will share with you is one of my favorites. It is between me and my dad, and it is “Couch Cushion.” This inside joke came about while my dad and I were baking a cake. It comes from the show ‘My Strange Addiction’- have you ever seen it? There is an episode where a woman is addicted to eating couch cushion; yeah. You know the fluffy yellow stuff inside a couch, the filling? She ate that stuff. As we were baking our rainbow cake, I made the comment that the yellow layer of cake looked like couch cushion. My dad agreed and now every time we decide to bake a cake, we look at each other and say “couch cushion.” While we are eating the cake, we quote the woman from the TV show, “Couch cushion just makes me so happy.” This inside joke gets used a lot in my house. It sounds really stupid- but that's kind of the point of inside jokes.

                I’m not even kidding- we use this inside joke all the time. My mom yells at us every time we use it, because she finds it disgusting. If we so much as say “couch cushion” while she is eating a piece of cake, she throws the rest of her piece away, as she can’t stand to look at the colorful dessert any longer. She turns green in the face just thinking about eating couch cushion! This of course just makes my dad and I laugh even harder.

                Inside jokes never fail to make me laugh; I’ll be sitting in class some days and a random inside joke will pop into my head and I will randomly start giggling to myself…Kind of embarrassing, but if the people in the room understood the inside joke they would laugh with me. I hope this blog post didn’t disturb you to the point where you will have a hard time eating cake, as it did to my mom. If so, I’m sorry. If not, good! Next time you eat cake, look at it and you’ll see how much it resembles couch cushion. Happy eating!

 

(410 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment