Monday, September 24, 2012

The Gift of Coordination


So this is my fifth week of blogging, and I’m not really sure what to blog about. What are you supposed to blog about after an entire month of blogging? What other topics should I write about? I thought maybe since it’s Monday I should enlighten everyone with some witty, creative blog…but I don’t know if I’m really up to that or not. I guess we’ll find out!

Today a friend of mine, whom I haven’t seen in way too long, visited me at school. She followed me around to all of my classes- and it was so much fun! I’m pretty sure my teachers didn’t really like having her, because she was kind of a distraction to me; but I’m okay with it, so my teachers just had to deal.

After school, we went to Dairy Queen (managing to get turned around on the way) for a sweet treat before she had to leave and go back home. Somehow I managed to get hot fudge in my hair, she wrote a letter on a napkin, and another friend of ours got strawberry smoothie in her eye. Obviously, we are very coordinated people. It takes true skill to get smoothie in your eye and hot fudge in your hair. Not even kidding, this is what my Monday consisted of. I’m telling you, Mondays just aren’t my thing! If you haven’t already read my blog about Mondays, now would be a good time to do that.

I also got a test back in my AP Chemistry class today, and I wasn’t pleased with the score. At all. My friend laughed and said I should probably retake it, because I stunk so bad. What are friends for, right? It's not like this test ruined my grade in that class (temporarily). Hello, dramatic sigh.

She also managed to embarrass me more than once today. The first time during a test in Pre Calc, the second in Physics, the third at lunch, the fourth in AP Lang; the list continues up until the moment she left, when I managed to trip getting into my car. That’s the image she is left with until the next time I see her: me falling over trying to get into my car. Once again: extreme coordination right here. Be jealous.

All in all, it was a great day. I got to see one of my closest friends, had a delicious ice-cream treat, made a complete fool of myself (a few times), and made some amazingly hilarious new inside jokes. I’m sad my friend had to go back to the magical land that is Des Moines, but I am very happy I got to see her. Even if it was on a dumb Monday.

 

(457 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment