Thursday, September 13, 2012

Teachers and Their Double Lives


                It’s Thursday, the day I have to work at the hospital, the day spicy chicken is in the cafeteria, and the day teachers decide to lay on the homework. What do all three of these Thursday activities have in common? Besides being Thursday activities, they are unrelated in every way. I just thought I would try and grab your attention while I mindlessly babble over this blog.

                I’m not sure what it is about teachers, but I think they live a double life. My theory is that they get together in some super-secret lair and plan when to give students homework. I mean if you think about it, there will be days when none of your teachers give you any homework- those days are always the best! Then there are those days where every single teacher you have decides to assign a bunch of stuff no kid wants to do. It’s insane! Tonight is one of those nights, and I have to admit the whole load of homework didn’t get done.

                What if teachers really do live double lives? What kind of double life would they have; would they have the Hannah Montana/ Miley Cyrus double life, or maybe the Peter Parker/ Spiderman double life… It’s kind of fun to think about, isn’t it?

                And what if they do live double lives? Sneaking around devising ways to ruin students’ sleep schedules by assigning so much homework they don’t go to bed until the early hours of the morning- and then they complain when we fall asleep in class?! Not fair. And all because of a double life.

                Another double life teachers live: their lives outside of the classroom. I know, a teacher not at school? As strange as it sounds, teachers actually have lives outside of the seven hours of hell we call school. I don’t know about you, but I always like to run into teachers at the store and see them with their families- you may think that’s odd of me to say, but keep in mind I’m the one writing about teachers and their double lives. It fascinates me that these people who lecture us, give us harsh grades, assign an overload of homework, and take away our cell phones while we are using them- these people we spend all day with actually go home and spend time with their families.

                Or maybe they don’t go home to their families right away. Maybe they are down in their secret lairs with their evil homework devising capes on, their minds whirring with thoughts of how they could possibly make our lives that much more difficult on any given Thursday night. And tomorrow they will act like nothing happened and go on with their lesson like it’s no big deal. That, my friends, is what I call a double life.

(471 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment