Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fettuccini Friends


Eating at a fancy restaurant is bitter sweet for me. I only get to eat out when it’s a special occasion…which usually means I have to dress up. For instance, last night was homecoming so a group of friends and I went out to eat at Cibo’s. The food was delicious, but it’s not like you can just stuff your face- you’re wearing pretty dresses, and you still have to take pictures. You actually have to act like a lady. Bummer. I somehow managed to not spill anything on myself-which I believe is a record.

I had fettuccini alfredo, which is my absolute favorite pasta dish. Well, either that or spaghetti, but for now we’ll just say it’s fettuccini. The food was absolutely amazing, and by the time dinner was over we were all so full we didn’t know if we were going to make it to the dance. Just kidding, we were having a blast, and nothing was going to ruin that night (and nothing did!).

The last blog post I wrote, I talked about inside jokes- and man did we make some good jokes at dinner last night! Sometimes I wish other people could hear how hilarious we really are, but I don’t think they would find us as funny as we find ourselves. I mean really, we could be comedians. Either way, dinner was so much fun and I’m glad I got the chance to go.

Even though I had to act like a lady, keeping my elbows off the table, placing my napkin on my lap, trying not to spill all over my dress, I had such a great time and I’m so glad I got to be with some of my best friends. Lately everyone has been busy with all the different things they do in life, so I don’t get to see them as often as I used to. Last night at dinner made up for the time lost, and I’m glad we had such a good time.

 

(336 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment