Monday, October 1, 2012

Monday Bruise


                I have decided to blog every Monday, about whatever horrible thing has happened that day. As a couple of my other blog posts have mentioned in the past, Monday’s aren’t really my thing. Today for instance, I thought I would start the day with a positive attitude and try to look presentable wearing nice clothes and make-up, rather than my usual Monday attire (clothes worn for comfort, not style). And guess what? My Monday still turned out terrible. Surprise, surprise.

                It all started this morning when I got up. Though my alarm clock is still broken, I have discovered that the harder I slam the buttons, the more likely they are to turn on or off (depending on which I need them to do). So at five thirty this morning my hand somehow connected with the snooze button for an extra five minutes of peaceful sleep. I got out of bed, made myself look presentable (not an easy feat, my friends), and marched my way into the kitchen. Actually I had to make it downstairs first, and what better way to do it than to just miss the last two steps and sprawl on the ground? Excellent way to start a Monday morning, if I do say so myself. So after that I marched into the kitchen, where I found a bowl and a spoon for cereal; and guess what. All the cereal was gone.

                Let’s move on to the end of this Monday, shall we? Today my mom and I had appointments to donate blood. As this was my first time, I was a tad bit nervous. They took some sample blood, made sure I was a real person, and then felt around for a good vein to stick a needle into. They started with my left arm, which didn’t have any veins good enough for sticking. My right arm however had an okay vein, and in the needle went. Except instead of drawing blood, nothing happened. Turns out I hadn’t drank enough water before I donated, so my vein was clotting up. I now have a beautiful black and blue bruise as a memory of this glorious Monday.

                I seriously think I have a Monday problem. Monday’s really should just cease to exist, as it would make my life so much easier. Though I didn’t get to donate blood today, the nurse set up another appointment for me to come in and try again. This time I will be sure to drink lots of water before I go. And the best part: the new appointment is on another Monday.

 

(432 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment