Monday, October 22, 2012

Decent Monday?


                Dear Monday,

                Though we haven’t been very nice to each other, today you weren’t so bad. You didn’t throw any pop quizzes at me, you didn’t force me to eat bad food, and you didn’t make me not get a job. I want to thank you, for giving me an almost kind of nice Monday.

                I think one of the reasons you were so nice today, Monday, was the fact that it is my dad’s birthday and my parent’s anniversary. (Yes, I am aware they got married on his birthday). Or maybe you just wanted to ease off on this Monday because you have something truly awful planned for me later tonight… Knock on wood…

                Usually on Mondays there is nasty food in the cafeteria, but today was different- Dr. W’s bought us Cougar Advisory people good pizza and cookies- yum! Dinner was hamburgers, which were also very delicious. Nicely done, Monday; you finally got something right.

                School wasn’t too terrible either; I mean school is school, don’t get me wrong, but there weren’t any pop quizzes or tests today. So thanks for that one, Monday.

                I also had a job interview today, and I was actually surprised that I looked decent for it. My Monday attire is usually casual, but today I stepped it up a notch for the interview- and it paid off! I got the job! I think I’m more impressed with myself now, because I was able to get a job on a Monday- I mean really, how often do good things happen to me on Mondays? I’ll answer that one for you- the answer is never. Except for today, which was really refreshing.

                The last few Mondays I have mentioned that my alarm clock was broken, but I finally got a new one. This one is very different from the old one, however, and makes trying to find the snooze button difficult. Little did I know I hit the wrong button this morning, so once again I had to rush through my morning routine. Monday, you really need to learn how to wake me up in the morning, because what you’re doing now isn’t working.

                Monday. I want to thank you for giving me an almost pleasant day. You haven’t done anything truly horrible to me yet…then again I haven’t really started my homework yet. I think you’ve made a record for yourself- congratulations. Also, if you wouldn’t mind telling your friend Tuesday to figure out the whole alarm situation, it would be much appreciated.

                Until Next Monday,

ShelbsC.

(424 words)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your successful Monday and getting the job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Looks like we will be working together most weekends- yay us!:)

      Delete