Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pitch Perfect is Aca-Amazing


                Birthdays are always my favorite to celebrate, because you can do just about anything for them. Yesterday was one of my friend’s birthdays, and to celebrate a group of us went to the movie theater. We didn’t want to watch some amazing movie that would end up making us cry, I mean it’s a happy occasion we were celebrating. So instead, we picked a movie quite a few of our other friends recommended. This movie had an okay review, but turned out to be spectacular and hilarious. This movie was Pitch Perfect.

                Pitch Perfect follows the life of one girl through her freshman year of college. She is very musical, and ends up joining an all girl A Capella group. I had no idea what an a capella group was, so when I watched this movie I learned that it is a group of people who use their voices for music; there are no instruments involved in the performance. I personally loved the songs that were performed throughout the movie, as they were catchy and I already knew them.

                After the movie I went home, and I sat down thinking to myself, “man I wish I could sing.” For real though, if I could sing like the people in Pitch Perfect I would never shut up! I would never get tired of my own voice. Those people have amazing voices, and I am super jealous of them.

                Pitch Perfect wasn’t just about singing though, it was also comedic. There were so many parts where I laughed so hard. So now I’m not only jealous of these famous peoples’ singing voices, but also of their comedic abilities. Insert dramatic sigh here.

                If you want a good laugh and like to sing (or if you’re like me, listening to other people sing), I recommend you go and see this movie. Pitch Perfect is Aca-Awesome, (note: only those who have seen the movie will understand this). Not only did I get to celebrate one of my closest friends’ birthdays, I was able to see a great movie at the same time. The reviews Pitch Perfect received weren't fair, as this was probably the best movie I have seen in a long while. Pitch Perfect is fantastic- every single one of you should go see it.

(383 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment