Monday, October 8, 2012

Especially For You, Monday


                Well hey there Monday, it’s great to see you again. (Please note: that last sentence was to be read with heavy sarcasm). As you all know by now, I am not very fond of this particular day of the week. Nothing ever seems to work out well for me on Mondays, and I’m just waiting for the Monday when something amazing happens to me. It hasn’t happened yet, but you wait. I have hope that it will happen.

                Today wasn’t too terrible- it was actually kind of nice. Just kidding it was a Monday, which still isn’t my thing. Nothing incredibly bad happened to me today; I mean I wasn’t stuck with needles today, my alarm worked (sort of), I didn’t fall down the stairs, and there was cereal in the cupboard. Already you can tell this Monday has been better than most of my past Monday experiences.

                I think I’m going to change it up a little. Instead of writing about how awful my Monday was, I think I’ll tell you how amazing my Sunday (as in yesterday) was. Though I had to get up early on one of the two days I actually get to sleep in, it was worth it. Yesterday morning at seven thirty, my mom and I left to go downtown and walk in the Especially For You Walk. This walk is in support of breast cancer awareness, and it was absolutely amazing. They said over fourteen thousand people were participating this year- and I am so glad I got to be a part of it. This was my third year at the annual event, and I love doing it. It’s for a great cause, and helps a lot of women.

                It was so cold out though. Seven thirty on an October morning in Iowa… Not the warmest, my friends. Thank goodness for these magical things called hand warmers and gloves. I don’t know what I would’ve done without them.

                Speaking of cold that reminds me of this fine Monday morning, while I was getting into my car to go to school. I was all bundled up in a sweatshirt and gloves, the heat was on, life was good. I was toasty warm driving to school, but as soon as I parked and got out of the car- it hit me. Just that rush of cold air; I really just wanted to get back in my car, drive home, put on some pajamas, and go back to sleep. But of course that couldn’t happen because it’s Monday, and Mondays are school days. Yay.

                No Monday is good, but some are better than others. Today wasn’t all that bad- they even had bow tie pasta for lunch today. Yesterday’s Especially For You walk was phenomenal, and I am so glad I got to be a part of it. It was a really early morning for me yesterday, which is probably why I’m so tired now. Or maybe I’m just tired because it’s Monday. Yeah, that’s probably it. I’ll just blame it on the Monday.

 

(508 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment