Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wand Like Harry Potter


                This morning as I was getting ready for school, I was searching in a drawer for some bobby pins when I came across something new. It was a device, a hair device, which is supposed to create luscious, bouncy curls that everyone will be jealous of. So I thought I’d give it a go and see what happened- and you know what? It worked!

                Having naturally curly hair, I never do anything with my hair. It pretty much just stays curly all day, every day. I’m very original you see, and obviously love spending time on something as petty as hair. I thought maybe this morning could be different, and I could try to make myself look somewhat presentable. I suppose I should tell you what this device is…but I’m not really sure what it’s called. It’s this wand thing that you wrap pieces of hair around… I honestly don’t know what to call it, but it kind of looks like a Harry Potter wand. Except instead of casting spells against He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, this wand burns your hands and singes your hair at a fantastic four hundred degrees. Yes, I did manage to burn myself. No, I didn’t think the magical wand would be that hot.

                I didn’t burn myself too bad though, I only have a small red blister on my ear. This small little burn though reminded me of when I was little, and was severely burned by a curling iron. Let me paint the picture for you: It was Easter morning, and the whole family was getting ready for church. My mom insisted that my hair be curled properly, as going to Easter mass has always been a big deal. My little six year old self disagreed, saying that forcing a tom boy into a dress was more than enough already. As she was curling my hair, I tried to escape her clutches. The curling iron was yanked from her hand and fell smack dab on my left foot. Needless to say, I brought an ice pack with me to church that Easter.

                Here’s the lesson for y’all: be careful when using hair devices. They can (and will) hurt you, even after all a whole decade’s experience. Oh, and if you want perfect curls, use the hair wand thing- it really works! For once your hair can look as beautiful and perfect as the woman on the box- I mean let’s be honest; no one’s hair looks that good… Especially not after you burn yourself. When the label next to the pretty hair on the front of the box says that the wand will be hot, they really do mean hot. Be careful, my friends.

 

(447 words)

1 comment:

  1. hahaha it's called a styling/curling wand and I love them too! They always make the prettiest curls!

    ReplyDelete