Monday, October 15, 2012

So We Meet Again, Monday


                Ah Monday, we meet again. I’m still not fond of you, just in case you were wondering. You have yet to prove to me that you can be perfect. Today was obviously not that Monday. Thanks a lot- I really appreciate it. Truly, I do…not.

                Though I’ve told you in previous blog posts that my alarm clock was broken, it was still usable. I thought the alarm clock situation couldn’t get any worse; I spoke too soon. The dang thing was just a pain in the butt to use, and this morning (or last night) it officially broke- beyond the point of being a pain in my butt. Usually if you hit the buttons hard enough they would work, but apparently now they just stick together and don’t work at all. My mom had to wake me up this morning, and she woke me up at the exact time I usually leave my house to go to school. Yeah. Lovely, right? In case you were curious, I was not late to school- I made it with thirty two seconds to spare. Take that Monday.

                As this fine Monday morning progressed, I had two pop quizzes. I guess one of them really wasn’t a pop quiz because she told us about it on Friday…but I didn’t study for it, and forgot all about it. Oops. To be sure this never happens to you, write down when you are going to have quizzes, and study just in case they randomly pop up- you don’t want to be like me and forget about them.

                I thought at least this Monday would get better at lunch, but no. Lunch was gross today; it was walking cheeseburgers. They had good intentions with that one- with the Frito chips, meat, nacho cheese, and lettuce- but it fell flat. The meat really didn’t look like meat- it kind of looked like dog chow meets baby food. All in all, I didn’t eat lunch today; stupid Monday.

                Last but not least, I came home after school thinking I didn’t have a ton of homework to do, and sat my depressed butt on the couch only to realize I had to help make dinner. (This depression was temporary, as it was Monday-induced). I managed to miss a good chunk of the Ellen DeGeneres show, which happens to be my personal favorite talk show.

                Monday, Monday, Monday. I strongly dislike you, and I hope you know it. My alarm clock only breaks on Mondays, pop quizzes frequently fall on Mondays, I didn’t eat lunch on this Monday, and I missed part of Ellen on this Monday. Thank you Monday, for all these divine events; no really, I appreciate it. I can’t wait to see what you’ve got planned for next week.

 

(461 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment