Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday Spilling


                Alright Monday, here we go again. I have tried to be nice and have tried extremely hard not to use swear words on you at all, but you still don’t seem to get it. You suck. A lot. Yeah, I went there.

                Here’s a tip for you, Monday: If I happen to be running late to school, which doesn’t occur very often, don’t close the entire freaking road (the one I need to use) in order to work on one little sewer. By conveniently placing this road block less than half a mile from school, I walked into class late after being forced to take the detour that the ignorant drivers in front of me clearly couldn’t figure out.

                Here’s another one for you, Monday: While I was opening my yogurt this morning I expected the lid to come off cleanly- just as it had the last two days I’d eaten yogurt. But no. You just HAD to make sure the lid shot some of that creamy vanilla deliciousness onto my nice black shirt. Thank you for that, I really owe you one.

                Oh, and when a really nice friend of mine buys me food, try not to dump the contents down my shirt. It’s really embarrassing…and sticky.

                Though you weren’t very considerate with my food today, you did manage to start Speech season off with a boom. I greatly appreciated you not humiliating me in front of all the people I was trying to impress. It was a tad bit hot in the room though- you probably could have turned the temperature down a little…but whatever. It was probably just me smokin’ up the room. I’m just too damn sexy for that room’s hotness capacity. Yeah, that had to be it. I think you owe me for that one, Monday. You are so welcome.

                Oh Monday. You know, try as I might, I can never seem to please you. No matter what I do, you just can’t seem to escape twisting my day into exactly what it doesn’t need to be. I guess I owe you for giving me a topic to blog about once a week…but then again I’m sure my posts could be just as entertaining without all the negative side effects you create throughout my day. Besides, what joy do you really get from watching me struggle throughout the day? From my perspective, all the horrible obsticles you throw at me are irritating and unnecessary. I really don’t need to spend extra time on wiping off the yogurt YOU spilled on my shirt, or taking the detour YOU made me take, or sweating in a really hot room in which YOU didn’t turn on the air conditioning. Keep this in mind, Monday, when I attempt for the third time to donate blood. Please let it work this time, Monday. If you can only do one thing right, make it this. Please.

 

(486 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment