Thursday, December 20, 2012

Peppermint Pringles


                How many of you lovely people enjoy eating peppermint flavored foods/ beverages? This includes: candy canes, peppermint cookies, peppermint hot chocolate… The list is endless, my friends. If y’all are anything like me, peppermint is your holiday snack. Every December, you can bet I will always have candy canes nearby.

                The other day I was sitting on the couch watching Ellen DeGeneres on her show. For those of you who don’t regularly watch Ellen every single day after school like I do, here’s the gist: she does random things, like all the time. Sometimes these random things are funny, sometimes they are serious, and sometimes they are so random they don’t even belong in a category. Last week, Ellen opened her show talking about a rather unusual peppermint flavored food. Let the controversy begin.

                White Chocolate Peppermint Pringles, they are called. I don’t think you heard me correctly. There are people in the world who have combined the wonderful taste of the holidays with the wonderful taste of a potato chip. I mean really, who came up with this idea? Ellen guessed that pregnant women were mixing their cravings together, hence the awkward chip flavor.

                Seriously though, how many of y’all would actually try these chips? I would for sure! I know you are looking at your screen funny now, but how many times can you say that you’ve tried a peppermint potato chip. I read a review online that said the peppermint Pringles tasted like a mixture of potatoes and toothpaste. Still, I am determined to try these chips.

                The funny thing is, I’ve been to two of the three big grocery stores close by and neither one has these holiday chips. If it weren’t for the fact that my street hasn’t been plowed yet, I would have already gone to the third and final store in search of these chips. I am determined to eat them. One way or another, I will try a peppermint Pringle.

                I hope you all gained something from reading about Peppermint Pringles. I intend on purchasing them as soon as I possibly can, and I hope you do too! Just think about it- you might even enjoy them! Yeah, I don’t even I’m that optimistic about trying them either… But it’s worth a shot, right?

 

(386 words)

1 comment:

  1. ive tried them! i personaly love them! but they are definetly very unique and a fun thing to try out for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete