Sunday, December 23, 2012

Falling on Ice


                You know, I never liked snow. It’s one thing to make my truck slide around all over the place while I’m trying to drive, but it’s an entirely different thing to stab me in the back the way snow did on Friday night.

                There I was, walking up the driveway to go to a party, when all of a sudden I noticed how icy the pavement really was. I placed my foot directly on the ice, thinking that I wouldn’t actually fall if I acknowledged the fact that there was ice under my feet.

                I was wrong.

                One second I was vertical, carrying my white elephant present and bag of Cheetos, and the next second I was down. On the ice. With searing pain in my hip/ lower back/ left buttock area.

                I mean the worst part was that I knew it was coming all along- but I ignored it! Common sense, people! I should have shifted my foot off the ice so that I would have avoided falling- but no. Be smarter than me, my friends; you don’t want to end up with a bruised bottom.

                This winter season, don’t be like me. Watch where you are walking, and take your time- there is no reason to rush only to end up on the ground. Trust me. Also, you should make the serious investment and buy a bag of salt; spread it around the ice so that your driveway/ road is less slippery. Clutzy people such as myself appreciate it more than you know.

 

(256 words)

5 comments:

  1. That sounds horrible. That's happened to me before but it sounds like you didn't cry! Hopefully your bag of Cheetos didn't get smashed either. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't! I'm pretty skilled in the falling department.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha same thing happened to me last week! The description made me think of exactly the way I fell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't fallen this Winter yet, I'm still waiting for it to happen lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent fallen this winter yet either! I even went skiing over break and didnt fall once, even after being ran into by an unskilled snowborder. I hope that I dont fall at all this winter and make it out with no bruises or broken bones.

    ReplyDelete